How do I send you my text and images?
- I want a Web site - how do I start?
- Go to the Order page.
- Or just contact us here.
- Fill out the form with your layout, color and option preferences.
- We'll contact you, answer questions, and give you a deposit link.
You can paste your text into an e-mail, or send it as a Word .doc file. You can send your images as attachments or compress them into a ZIP file and e-mail them. For large amount of text and/or images, you might want to send regular photos, or put them on a CD, and surface mail them to us. OR you can upload them directly to our site. Here's the link: Upload Files
How long before my site shows up in the search engines?
- How long before I can see my site?
- We take your design preferences and your content, and create your site.
- We give you a link to see the pages on a test site, usually within a week after we receive all your content.
- After we receive final approval, we move the finished pages to the permanent site location.
- You pay the balance.
We start submitting immediately after the site is in its permanent location, but it may take weeks to months before it's location is disseminated through the Web.
Will my Web Site look the same in different browsers ? We are currently testing every page of your Web Site with Internet Explorer 6 and Netscape Navigator 6 to make sure they look the same in each. If you require your page to be optimized for a specific browser please notify us. Additionally, all pages are designed to the Internet standard screen size of 800 X 600. If you require your pages to be designed to a screen size greater than 800 X 600 please notify us. Please note that we do not recommend designing pages to screen resolutions lower than 800 X 600.
What happens if we occasionally need to make content changes?
Web maintenance is the updating and changing of content on that site. Minimal changes to a web site will not be assessed. For example, if your e-mail address changes and you want it corrected on the web page, you will not be charged. Simply e-mail your request. However, if you expect your site to change frequently, a maintenance agreement is highly recommended.
A quality site has information that is current and helpful. Depending on the type of site you have, updating your site with fresh content could happen daily, weekly, or monthly. We'll discuss what maintenance your site might need after we receive your content.
General Web Site Questions
I don't have photos - what can I do?
What is a "host"?
- Product photos are essential - buy a cheap digital camera and practice, or hire a professional photographer to take photos of your products.
- Photos/graphics for design effects - we have a supply of copy-righted elements we can use in your design; some we also create ourselves.
- If you need a specific photo, or illustration, you can license a stock photo to use on your site for US$49.95 from www.comstock.com.
Web hosting companies rent out storage space on high speed computers (called servers) to clients who want their site to be accessible to the Internet. They must be connected 24/7/365 to the backbone of the Internet.
How will I know who is visiting my site?
There are several ways to measure Web site activity to help quantify some type of return on your Internet investment. Web site hosting packages include a free statistics page. For a small monthly fee, more detailed Web statistics are available to track data of your Web site's activity including the number of hits by day, week, month, and time of day, country of origin, visitor system information and visitor referral information.
What is a "domain name"?
A "domain name" is the address of a web site, also referred to as a URL. Domain names must be registered in an international database. You might want to use your business name as your domain name, or keywords describing your business (www.healthy-snacks.com).
What if I already have a domain name registered?
If you have already registered a domain name, it will need to be transfer to your host's servers. We can help you do this or we can provide the necessary information to redirect the URL.
How will people find my site?
There are two things we do to assure that people will find your site easily. We optimize your web site for placement in the search engines by carefully creating the contents, keywords and META tags. Upon completion of your web site, we submit it to the major search engines.
What are META tags and keywords?
META Tags are what most search engines use to categorize, and rank your site. META tags - also known as "keywords" are words or short phrases used to describe your site. If a potential customer might enter the phrase "Cape Coral Real Estate", you want your listing in the search engines to be associated with that phrase, so we will use it as a key word in your META tags. When we build your site, we will ask you give us a list of 25 to 30 keywords and/or phrases to create your META Tags; this will help ensure you get proper placement in the search engines. It's best if the text on the page uses your important keyword and phrases.
How else can I promote my web site?
Add your Web site address to all advertisements, newsletters, letterhead stationary, business cards, car door stickers, e-mail signatures, promotional gifts, etc., and let people know you can be found on the Internet. Online credit card acceptance is through Paypal, a commercial service that allows you to accept credit card payments online without having to establish your own merchant bank account.
Can I just show items online, without actually selling online?
Yes, just order a Catalog site (see example) to showcase your products, and where they can be purchased offline.
How else can a Web site help my business?
It can reduce your costs greatly.
Use it to:
Where else can you get 24-hour, full-color, 3D,
- Put information on a Web site that is expensive to print and distribute, such as product catalogs, product specs, brochures, technical manuals, procedure manuals for your customers, distributors, or sales force.
- Update those materials at a fraction of the cost of print.
- Have basic information - brands carried, prices, shipping charges, hours of operation, store location - available on your site, instead of spending time answering questions over the phone.
- Reach a wider customer base than you ever could with print advertising.
interactive advertising for less than the cost
of a one-time newspaper ad?
Sample Client Sites
PayPal shopping cart
Flash into, image gallery
PayPal shopping cart
PayPal shopping cart, large number of products
PayPal shopping cart, large number of products
Basic Info Site